Josh Kaufman is an independent business teacher, education activist, and author of The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business.
Josh's unique, multidisciplinary approach to business education has helped hundreds of thousands of readers around the world master foundational business concepts on their own terms, and his work has been featured in BusinessWeek, Fortune, and Fast Company, as well as by influential websites like Lifehacker, HarvardBusiness.org, Cool Tools, and Seth Godin's Blog.
Since creating the Personal MBA business self-education program in 2005, Josh has:
- Read thousands of books related to business, economics, psychology, communication, mathematics, science, and systems theory.
- Synthesized the essentials of sound business practice into a comprehensive, world-class program, which is available to students, entrepreneurs, and business professionals all over the world.
- Created the Personal MBA recommended reading list, which features the 99 best business books available to the DIY business student. The Personal MBA reading list and manifesto has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of readers from around the world.
- Saved prospective MBA students millions of dollars in tuition, fees, and interest by providing an effective and affordable means of learning fundamental business principles without mortgaging their future earnings.
- Helped hundreds of first-time entrepreneurs, CEOs, research scientists, programmers, and non-profit founders improve their business knowledge and skills via innovative online courses and 1-on-1 coaching.
- Inspired an active community of self-motivated business learners around the world.
Prior to developing the Personal MBA full-time, Josh worked as an Assistant Brand Manager in Procter & Gamble's Home Care division, where he was responsible for projects that encompassed P&G's entire value chain, from creating new products to working with large customers like Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, and Kroger. Before leaving P&G, Josh spearheaded the development of P&G's global online marketing measurement strategy.
Josh received his BBA from the University of Cincinnati Lindner School of Business in 2005, where he studied Business Information Systems, Real Estate, and Aristotelian/Stoic Philosophy. He is 28 years old, an Eagle Scout (Boy Scouts of America), an active entrepreneur, and a photographer. The Personal MBA is his first book.
Josh Kaufman is the author of books: The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business, The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything...Fast, How to Fight a Hydra: Face Your Fears, Pursue Your Ambitions, and Become the Hero You Are Destined to Be, The Personal MBA 10th Anniversary Edition, Worldly Wisdom: Collected Quotations and Aphorisms, MANUAL DO CEO - Um verdadeiro MBA para o gestor do século XXI, Internet Business Uncensored: How Successful Internet Marketers Makes $250k Monthly Online; Engage Their Community; Change People's Lives And How You Too Can, The Visual MBA, The Personal MBA, The Finance Book 3 Books Collection Set